Sign up
Sign in/Register
Forgot your password?
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Community/Public Services news & information for Canary Islands

Society Mon, Jun 6, 2016

Tenerife left powerless by substation breakdown

A BREAKDOWN in an electricity substation in Tenerife this morning (Monday) left swathes of the capital and nearby towns without power all morning. Santa Cruz de Tenerife was affected, especially the La Salud...

Society Wed, Sep 4, 2013

Total black-out in the whole of La Palma

TENS of thousands of homes across the island of La Palma were without electricity yesterday (Tuesday) after a switch in a control centre went down. The entire island – home to 85,000 inhabitants – was without power...

Society Fri, Mar 30, 2012

Smoking ban on Gran Canaria beaches

The town council in Mogán, in the south of the island of Gran Canaria, has today approved a new by-law that reserves 75% of its beaches for non smokers, only allowing smoking on the remaining 25%. The move has already...

Society Sat, Apr 17, 2010

La Palma left in the dark

THE whole of the island of La Palma was without electricity last night, plunging residents and businesses into chaos. According to the electricity board, Endesa, announced at 23.20hrs last night that a fault at the...

Society Thu, Feb 18, 2010

Power cut across whole of Tenerife

Endesa has just announced that power has been restored to 20% of customers in Tenerife after the whole island had been without electricity since 12.08 today, due to a problem in the Las Caletillas power station in the...